Friday, September 20, 2013

A grab bag of doodles


I am a frequent doodler. Often I will create quick sketches on paper that is to be discarded: unused forms, flyers, and envelopes are just a few examples. Sometimes I do this to explore ideas before I commit to one and move onto better paper. Other times I do this just as a compulsive activity (because I just NEED to draw). Today, it was the former.

I was trying to find a suitable subject for today's blog post but after several pages of doodles, nothing satisfactory materialized. I then decided that to just post those drawings. Proportions may be off, tangents might exist, and sometimes sketches are incomplete but that's okay: these drawings are more about function than form. They help me visualize an idea quickly and see if something warrants further exploration. 






No comments:

Post a Comment