Friday, September 27, 2013

Defying expectations


This is Dr. Carl Hart, an Associate Professor of Psychology at Colombia University who appeared on today's episode of Real Time with Bill Maher, primarily to promote his book "High Price" (there's more to the title but there's just too much to type). I wanted to draw him because 1.) I found his hair utterly fascinating and I just wanted to draw that and 2.) his appearance flew in the face of my expectations. When I heard his name, I would have never expected him to look like this. Despite some gray in his hair, he has a fairly youthful appearance which, combined with his earrings and a robust head of locks, give him a laid-back sense of coolness one normally wouldn't associate with someone who uses the title "doctor." 

Did I mention I find his hair unreal?

No comments:

Post a Comment