Here is the first drawing in this month-long experiment:
For my initial piece, I wanted to produce something straight-ahead, meaning that I spent little to no time exploring different poses, styles and designs and I essentially made it up as I went along. I was curious to see what I would come up with through this method of drawing.
The head looks more or less how I wanted it to, but as I kept building the character he looked more and more like a minotaur, which is not what I wanted. I gave him lizard feet but I don't think it helped much.
Perhaps I will revisit this drawing at a later time and see if I can improve it (and there IS room for improvement in this case).