Sunday, September 1, 2013

Post numero uno redux

After over 3 years since my first post, I'm going to give maintaining a blog another try. I'm going to commit to post at least one different drawing everyday for the next 4 weeks (until September 29th). Hopefully, by doing this I will not only become more accustomed to posting here but, more importantly, become more comfortable drawing regularly and frequently.

Here is the first drawing in this month-long experiment:


For my initial piece, I wanted to produce something straight-ahead, meaning that I spent little to no time exploring different poses, styles and designs and I essentially made it up as I went along. I was curious to see what I would come up with through this method of drawing.

The head looks more or less how I wanted it to, but as I kept building the character he looked more and more like a minotaur, which is not what I wanted. I gave him lizard feet but I don't think it helped much.

Perhaps I will revisit this drawing at a later time and see if I can improve it (and there IS room for improvement in this case).



No comments:

Post a Comment